Saturday, April 12, 2008

Flat Iron

While Jake was out hiking the Flat Iron with his friend Tanner, I thought I would wear my bathing suit to get a little sun while picking our nasty weeds in the backyard. WELL.......about 2 hours or so later I decided to call it quits and come in from the heat. I took a shower and that's when I noticed the burn!!!!! I even felt the grooves where my suit was. It must have been slightly swollen. It didn't hurt that bad until Sunday after church. It was too late to buy some gel stuff to help it. I had to wait until Monday and boy did it kill me. It even hurt to wear a bra. Oh, and the heat that came from it. I actually got several small blisters. It still looks red and it's been 2 weeks already. Here's a picture from Monday when I finally got some pain relieving gel on. Jake now calls me Madame X.

Here's the mountain Jake is going to climb


There's Tanner climbing


Yes, Jake had to climb through this


Up ahead is called the Flat Iron, kinda looks like it too



Here's a video of Jake climbing down

5 comments:

The James Family said...

OUCH!!!

The Moodys said...

Oh Sisa that looks so bad. You poor thing. Just think in time you'll have a killer tan!! Looks like Jake had a good time though!! We miss you guys a lot!

The Earls said...

Holy crap! That looks like it hurts! It even looks a little purple in spots. When you told me you were burned I didn't think it was that bad. Poor baby. You should know better though.

Jake and Alisa said...

The purple stuff is actually the blue gel stuff on top of my red skin.

Jamie W. said...

Okay all I can say is OUCH. That makes my back hurt just looking at it. : )