Saturday, June 7, 2008

OH MY GOODNESS, OH MY GOODNESS

Jake and I decided that it was time to fulfill a long time desire of ours. We wanted to do this for.....I don't know how long and decided to do before we adopt any kids. Can you believe that we went SKYDIVING!!!!!!! Well you better because we got pictures and video to prove it! It was a blast, although I think Jake had way more fun than I did. Since it was our first time, we had to go tandem. Each of our instructors who we were strapped to, video taped us. I captured still pictures from the videos they took.
Here we are in our tandem straps before we get on the plane

This is our little plane

Here we are in the plane

This warning is on the chute, "I want to get off!!!"

My instructor, Tom, is behind me reminding me what I need to do


Oh Boy!! This is it, I'm first (Jake thought I'd chicken out if I went 2nd)


Jake watching Tom & me jump out

Can you hear me scream? (Hey, is he trying to nibble my ear?)

This is called the free fall. It only lasts about 45 seconds, I couldn't even hear myself scream. We fall at about 125 mph, but it doesn't even feel like your falling.

Great shot of the airplane we jumped from

Time to pull the chute, hey we did good

Nice view, hey look, there's my parachute


Awwww, we had a nice soft landing, thank goodness, Yea!!! I lived!!!!

I felt like doing this as we were coming down to land, he was twirling back and forth which didn't make my tummy feel too good, but I got over it without puking

Jake's turn, he actually went a little after I jumped


Look at how the wind wiggles our faces


Jake's free fall with Geoff, his instructor

Don't you just love those funny faces

Aww, back to normal now that he pulled the parachute


Hey, I think I see Alisa

Hello everyone

My video caught Jake landing


"I had a blast"

Hello, we made it everybody!!!
Geoff let me come take pictures of the plane with my camera, I was sitting in the pilot's seat

Well....we had lots of fun!!! Will we do it again??? Maybe. If it wasn't so expensive, I would do it again in a heartbeat. For our first time and taking the two videos, it set us back about $515.00 total. He said that we could come back at a discount, only $150 a person and we could pull the chute thing ourselves and maybe steer a little too. We'll have to think about it. For now...I need to catch my breath.




3 comments:

The Earls said...

How fun! I'd love to do that, but not now that I've got kiddos. Looks like you were screaming the whole time, but Jake had a never ending grin on his face. I'm glad you landed safely! Thanks for the pics.

Unknown said...

Yay for the James'!!!! Maybe someday I'll talk Geoff into doing that with me :)

Jamie W. said...

WOW!! Too crazy for me. : )