Monday, July 21, 2008

Something New

Well....being home over the summer has been hard as far as the eating/exercising goes. I've gained some weight back that I had lost. Not all of it thank goodness, but enough to make me sad. So......after hearing some girls chat about it at Bunco night, I have set a new goal. To be honest, I have actually thought about this goal before but never went into action. I'm going to enter and run in a 5K on Thanksgiving Day. I have researched it and have made a 16 week training schedule for myself to get into shape and ready for this race. I'm also planning on some other 5K races, but my very first will be Thanksgiving Day. I'm posting this so that I can hold myself accountable and not quit. I'll keep you updated here and there. I started today. If any of you would like to join me, let me know. It's more fun in numbers. However, I'm running on a treadmill until the weather cools off more. I hate the heat!

3 comments:

The James Family said...

That's so awesome! I actually started running yesterday, too! Today I ran a whole mile without stopping. That's a huge thing I haven't done since I was like...12! Anyway I look forward to your progress reports. Miss ya!

The James Family said...

P.S....I tagged you! See my blog...

The Moodys said...

Thats awesome sis!! Wow where did you ever get a treadmill from!! I love you and am very proud of you!!