Friday, November 7, 2008

Time Out for Couples

I have a lovely friend at work, Nikki, who came up to me and asked if I wanted to go to Time Out for Couples since she and her hubby couldn't go. I talked to Jake and we bought them off of her and went. We had never been to something like this. I had heard of Time Out for Women but had never been. It was AWESOME!!!!!! They had speakers and a musical performer. Wow!!



Some of the speakers were:

Richard and Kathleen Walker (she's the oldest daughter of President Gordon B. Hinckley) they were quite funny.

Doug Brinley who talked about marriage.

Peter Breinholt was the musical performer. He played his guitar and the piano. My favorite was his last song that went something like..."Grow old with me...." It was beautiful!

And......my favorite speaker was Mark Mabry. He's the photographer who put together "Reflections of Christ". Can you say waterworks? Oh my goodness...tear city. I recommend that everyone buy the DVD, except my family of course. Forget I said that!!!!

This is the picture he uses on the cover


And this is Mark Mabry, he's from Arizona too

7 comments:

The Moodys said...

That sounds awesome! I can't wait to watch it!! ( i'll try to forget about it!!) I love ya!

The Earls said...

Hmmm...I guess there's lots of things I need to forget. Sounds like you had a good time.

Nikki said...

I am so glad you were able to go, and enjoy it!

Janice said...

Hi,
I saw your blog from PJ & Ryan.
Looks like you are doing well.
I hope you remember me. I created a blog recently you can see it at
fivepsinappod.blogspot.com
It was good to see your pictures.
I miss seeing you.
Janice Dopp

Christie said...

I have always wanted to go to one of these. I'm glad you had a good time and were uplifted.

Janice said...

Hi,
I was glad to see your comment.
If you get a chance send another with your email address so I can write you more. You look happy!!

Ryan and PJ Olson said...

I loved this! It was so fun seeing you guys there!! We learned a lot from this and that slide show had my mascara running...Awesome!