Friday, April 10, 2009

Challenges in Life

Challenges in life are tough, but in the long run make you stronger. Things, no matter how unfortunate, happen for a reason. We may not know these reasons or what the future will hold, but we can learn from them and grow. We met with a birthmother Monday night and felt really good about everything and even held the baby girl while we were there. Well....last night, we just learned that another couple was chosen to be the mom and dad of a cute 2 month old baby girl instead of Jake and I. It broke our hearts of course and I cried just about all night. You always ask the question why? what was wrong with us? I just have to keep reminding myself that when "our" baby is here, we'll be the ones chosen. And I also have to keep reminding myself that God will not give you a challenge that you cannot handle. What if I don't want to handle it?? Oh well...he knows me better than me. I've got to move on, keep trying, and not give up!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm sorry that your journey has been so difficult. It makes me want to have a kid for you, which is the same way I felt for Adelina when her and Jackie were trying to get pregnant for so long. If only it were that easy right?
I know you will be a wonderful mother, and He will bless you more than you could ever imagine when He decides it's time.
♥ Kathy

Nikki said...

I think you stated it all. The journey we take is not always easy but there is a reason. We may not know why that is for sure. If you keep the faith you will eventually know. When you guys become parents, and you will it will be a blessing worth waiting for.Hang in there. Miss you and love you. Do not ever give up on getting that precious gift no matter how frausterating it can get.