Friday, July 31, 2009

California Vacation

We were going to go camping with some friends, but due to the monsoons taking over almost every evening...we decided that camping wouldn't be the best idea with small children. So....we went to California with Jake's brother Kyle and his family. They had a time share and let us come along for the vacation. We got a great deal on tickets to California Adventures and Disneyland with fast passes. So we spent ALL day and night there. We left Disneyland at like 12:15 in the morning.

Jake and I getting ready to do the Grizzly River Run



Niece Tori and Jake


Nephew Kevin and me


The kids and Kyle with their bug eyeglasses getting ready for It's Tough to be a Bug 3D show. It was totally freaky with all the stuff they did to us.


Jake and I getting ready to do the Bug's Life show. Can you see that I'm still wet from that raft ride.



Tower of Terror ride. We loved this one!!!



Jake and I entering Disneyland


Pirates of the Carribean (one of my favorites)




Thunder Railroad


Matterhorn (we got in line for this one about 20 minutes before midnight)


Star Tours



Jake acting scared because of the "huge" Big Foot print found in Switzerland. (He's always been kind of scared but interested in Big Foot)


One of my other favorites...Mr. Toad's Wild Ride


The beautiful castle


It's A Small World..during the fireworks show




On another day we went to a museum and the kids fell asleep in the car due to the late night at Disneyland. Kevin fell asleep with his foot propped up and a straw in between his toes.



Kyle's wife Meeya had her nieces from Korea come down for a long visit. Sumee is in the white jacket, and one of the twins (Sudeem) in the pink, and then Tori Kyle's daughter in the yellow.


We went to a dinosaur museum which was free on Wednesday. It was pretty cool inside.


All of us, except me in front of the museum


A giant crocodile fossil, it was bigger than a T-rex, can you believe that!!


More bones


woops, sorry, we burried one of the twins and made her a mermaid


I don't think I've ever been buried before, so I let my niece and her cousins do it. They gave me some big boobies.


Tori with even bigger boobies.


Jake taking a nap, as usual, so was Kyle next to him


Kyle and Sudeem (we tried boogie boarding here, but we just couldn't ride the waves. We aren't sure why..there were plenty goods ones, but just not ridable...maybe it was all the rocks close to the shore...won't go to this beach again!!)


Santa Monica Beach (didn't like it much)


Kyle and Jake found some good smooth, round rocks for skipping

4 comments:

Christie said...

Fun, fun, fun!! I love all the pics. I'm so glad you had a fun trip.

Nikki said...

You are a traveling junkie. LOVE IT! I love DisneyLand it is the best place ever. I am so glad you guys were able to go and spend time with family.

said...

Oh my gosh how FUN! You liked Tower of Terror? Way too scary for me :-) but Jared loved it! You got some fun pics, I can't wait to visit the beach. I loved the fireworks pictures, I always have a hard time capturing those...

The Heiner's said...

How fun Alisa! This year was the first year we didn't make it to Cali. I was so sad. Were hoping to take the boys to Disneyland (they've been once) again at the end of the year. Looked like you had a blast!