Sunday, November 4, 2007

7 Random Facts

Thanks Christie for tagging me. Here goes......I hope I can think of 7 random facts about me

Hmmmm........



#1 - I have my very own dirtbike, a Suzuki DRZ 125, it's small enough for me to ride and be able to straddle and not fall over from it being so tall. I have the whole gear, and go riding with my husband. I actually want to sell it and get a quad. I think I'll feel more stable.



#2 - I love to travel when we have the time and money. The foreign places I've been to are: Mexico, Cozumel, Jamaica, Grande Cayman Islands, and Chile. The places that I REALLY want to visit are: Ireland, Scotland, England, Australia and Egypt.



#3 - Jake and I met on a blind date. He actually was dating a girl I knew who lived down the street from me. She wanted to go away to school and didn't want to be dating while going to school. This girl's mother actually called me and said that she knew this nice guy that dated her daughter and then asked my permission if she could give him my phone number. She also said that she just had this feeling about the both of us and that's why she called. I said yes, and then Jake called me about a week later. We talked on the phone and he sounded really nice. We went out on our first date (sometime in September) and he was worried that I would have a problem with our age difference, he's 7 years older than me. I told him that it didn't matter to me. We went on a few more dates and then about a month after we met, we got engaged, October 30, 1998. Because it was my 1st year teaching, I wanted to get married during summer vacation. We were then married in the Mesa, Arizona Temple on June 19, 1999.

#4 - Jake and I are trying to adopt. We tried to have children naturally for 7 years, but with my fertility problems and recent surgery it's now impossible. So....if you know of anyone who is having a baby and can't or doesn't want to keep it, please, please, please refer them to us or LDS Family Services. The phone number to LDS Family Services is 1-480-968-2995 or they can go to the website to search out adoptive couples http://www.providentliving.org/ses/birthmother/searchprofiles/0,12268,2133-1,00.html

or just go to our personal profile named jacobandalisa

http://www.providentliving.org/ses/birthmother/viewsingleprofile/0,12272,2133-1-8409-1-1,00.html

Just so you know, the birth parents can live anywhere in the 50 US states. It doesn't just have to be Arizona. Please spread the word so our chances of having a family are increased.


#5 - I enjoy gardening and eating the "fruits and veggies" of my labor. We have a good size garden. Jake and I plant in the fall for our winter crop and then again in the early spring for our summer crop. Our best of the best is the zucchini in the summer and our carrots in the winter, which aren't usually big enough to pick until spring. It's funny that I'm pretty good at keeping those fruits and veggies alive, yet when I get plants from students or family, they usually end up dead within a few months. So sorry.

#6 - I love watching movies! We haven't been out to one in awhile but I love watching them. In fact there are a few old ones that I love and could watch over and over and over. My classic favorites are Goonies (which I could repeat almost word for word), The Parent Trap (with Halley Mills), The Abyss (with my good looking Ed Harris), and Mary Poppins (another one I can almost repeat word for word and sing). I love musicals like Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, The King and I, South Pacific, and more. I enjoy movies so much that I'm pretty good at telling you actors and actresses that are in certain movies. We have a Scene-It game that I just love because it's just up my alley with movie stuff.

#7 - I can't really think of anything else right off hand. Just something that proves it is a small world. I use to go to the church country dances when I was in Community College. Come to find out, Jake went to those too and at the same time that I did. Once he mentioned that, I swear that I've seen him there and was even asked by him to dance. I never let anyone down so I'm pretty sure I danced with my husband before I even knew him. Weird huh?

3 comments:

The Earls said...

Pretty cool stuff, but I already knew them. Shucks, I was hoping to get some dirt. hehehe love ya sis!

Christie said...

You have a dirt bike and go riding?! I love that one. I didn't know that. You definitely need to get pics of you on your bike up on your blog. That's awesome! And we will definitely keep our ears open for a baby. You guys are awesome. I'm glad you did this tag!

elliotts said...

I knew all those facts. YOu need to let us in on those we don't know!!!!!!!!!!Ha!