Monday, January 5, 2009

Yummy Caramel Popcorn

Last year, the mom of one of my students made me some YUMMY Caramel Popcorn. This is not your normal run of the mill caramel popcorn. It's soft and delicious. I just have to share the recipe. It make a lot too.

1 Stick butter
1 C. Brown Sugar
1 C. Mini Marshmallows

Melt Butter in a saucepan, then add brown sugar and marshmallows. Mix until a goopy substance. Make a big bowl of popcorn. Before adding the marshmallow mixture add 1/2 C. white chocolate chips and 1/2 C. butterscotch chips, and nuts to the bowl of popcorn , then pour the hot mixture over the top and stir.

I usually use microwave popcorn and this mixture will cover 3 bags worth of popcorn.

(My addition to her recipe: I made two "goopy" mixtures, because I didn't think it was enough over the 3 bags of popcorn. So either do the same thing or maybe lessen your popcorn to 2 bags instead of 3 and only do 1 "goopy" mixture.)

Enjoy!!!!!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Thank you. I will print one out for Yolanda...

Natalie said...

This sounds dangerously good. I'm a HUGE caramel popcorn fan, and my husband isn't, so I ended eating most of the batch myself!

Valerie said...

You'll have to bring it with you for game night or girls night in or just because we're your bestest and most favorite neighbors ever!!!!