Saturday, March 22, 2008

Real Hiking

Jake and I decided to go out and do a real hike instead a hill in our backyard. We went out by Gold Canyon to a place called Peralta Canyon Trail. There are different hikes to go on out their, but we wanted to do the Peralta one which takes you up to what they call "Fremont Saddle". It over looks Weaver's Needle. We did it once before together many many years ago. I about died then and even wanted to quit before getting to the saddle. Not this time. Since I've been exercising a lot and losing weight, this hike didn't kill me as much. I didn't even want to quit this time. It's about 2 and 1/4 miles one way. There's A LOT of uphill, just about kill you hills. We had to take several water/breathing breaks. I love our camel-packs. It kept our hands free and we could drink without stopping too. This trail had quite a few hikers on it with us. It took us 2 hours to get up there and 1 hour to get down. I LOVE DOWNHILL THE BEST!!! We never took any breaks going down. Here are some beautiful pics we took. I don't care for desert scenery, but I have to admit that this was awesome to look at.

Here's where we sign in, in case of emergency


Hmm, we'll do Peralta trail this time
So many beautiful rock formations

Jake after a little hiking


Alisa and more neat mountains


We're up a little higher now, you can kind of see part of the trail to the center/right



I thought this plant was just perfectly shaped, Jake's not doing anything inappropriate

Aren't these rocks just the coolest, they look like puzzle pieces


We finally made it to the saddle, Weaver's needle behind me


Jake's turn

I like this hiking thing. We'll have to go out again before it's too hot!!!


1 comments:

The Earls said...

Nice hike! It looks gorgeous and I hope the weather was pleasant for you. Not much time left for pleasant hikes.