Sunday, February 22, 2009

Gardening

Yesterday I went out and saw my pretty sweet peas growing like crazy and finally some flowers. My grandma inspired me to grow these. She always has beautiful smelling sweet peas in her front yard and I wanted that in my backyard too.


Then I moved to my garden and decided to pull some huge turnips. These are not your usual store bought turnips with the purple tops. These are white and taste sweet, not hot like the purple ones.

two HUGE carrots



some yummy snap peas, I've never grown these before and was pleasantly pleased that they grew and that they produced some peas, can you see them?


Lettuce


Can any of you guess what this HUGE plant is???
WEED, not the smoking kind either, hehe

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Your garden looks spectacular! The lettuce is particularly pretty! Great work!

The Earls said...

Wow! Yum yum! I can't wait till this freezing weather leaves so we can start our garden again.

Nikki said...

Your garden looks great! I need to grow one.

Kristin Leigh said...

I am so impressed! That is great, yep, I need to get on the ball too. What a great way to save money and eat healthy. I do have a ton of hot peppers of all kinds, thanks to my hubby. But it'd be great to have some normal stuff too. :)

Janda said...

You are so awesome!!! Those carrots dont even look real!!

said...

Awesome job guys! Those carrots look beautiful! Mine won't get that big... I couldn't bear to pull them and thin them out. Well, lesson learned :-) So, do you know much about open pollinated seeds? Your garden looks wonderful!