Monday, February 16, 2009

Two Sisters - One Heart

A few days later and still a few sore leg muscles, we finished the 5K run for the Two Sisters - One Heart Fundraiser. It didn't take us a few days to finish as that first sentence sounded. This was Jake's second 5K race and my first. It went well. I will defenitly do this again and hopefully do much better and be in much better shape.

Before the race
During the race, running along Hunt Hwy

Jake after the race


Alisa after the race
Jake got ahead of me and couldn't find me so he kept on going. He finished #125 at 39:16. I think there were over 200 people running the 5K. I finished #155 at 45:04. I didn't run the whole thing, but I would say that I ran about 1/2 of it. I would run then walk, run then walk, etc.

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Good for you girl, It was worth the sore legs. Great cause.

Lydia said...

That is awesome! What a great event!

Natalie said...

Great job! You rock!

Miss Niss said...

woohoo! great job!!

Kristin Leigh said...

That is awesome! You go girl!! :)

Christine said...

Hey good job on the race! I should have looked for you. I didn't realize you where there dang it.

Watch out, racing is addictive!