Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Round-up

Every year we have a Spring Round-up at school. It's where we basically have a carnival out on the playground at school. Every year I sign up to sit in the dunk tank. I love doing it!!!! I even signed up for 30 minutes instead of the 15 that all the other teachers did. Of course, I always bring along my secret weapon, the super soaker. They get me wet, they get wet. And even if they don't get me wet, they still get wet. It's soooo fun!! The kids love it too. It was actually hard to dunk anyone. You had to hit it pretty hard to make you fall. Soo....if they hit it or even didn't, they still got to come up and push the bar to dunk me. It was so cute to hear them laughing and then screaming when I sprayed them. They started getting smart....after they pushed the bar, the kids would start running away so they wouldn't get sprayed.

Me before the dunking begins

Splashing away, still before the dunking


Ahhh man, I was hoping to stay dry, not


She's about to get me wet again


Running away while I spray her


Here's a video of one of my students, Noah. He's so darn cute!! He's actually the only person while I was up there that hit the target and it made me dunk, he didn't have to push it!! I told him that he could get 10 "J" Bucks for that. That's play money I give them to buy things from the treasure basket. He was so excited about that. I just love being a teacher!!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

That was a great video. You are such a good sport. Love it!

Ballingham Family said...

That's my Boy!! He was so excited to dunk ya! Thanks for being such a wonderful teacher! We love Ya!!
(not to mention he is a lefty)

The Earls said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! Noah sure does have a good arm. We miss you!

Christine said...

What fun! I'm sad we weren't able to go. Maybe next year!

The Heiner's said...

How fun Alisa! You seem like a fun teacher! Im just a teacher's aide and I love it too! So cool.