Thursday, September 18, 2008

Trials

I've been feeling overwhelmed lately now that school has started again. I just feel like I have so much to do and loads of stress. I'm a mentor again this year and I am in charge of 11 other 2nd grade teachers, 4 of which are 1st year teachers and 2 that have changed grades. It gets a little overwhelming at times. We've got parent/teacher conferences next week and that really stresses me out because I never know how parents may react to their child's grades. I'm so ready for my October break. Heck, bring on the Christmas Break too!! I was reading a friend's blog and she posted a neat quote. I thought it was great. There are times when I get sad, stressed or feeling down about not having kids of my own and wonder 'why me' or 'will I ever receive a baby or be a mom'? I have my moments, but I have to keep reminding myself that my Heavenly Father loves me very much and if I'm not meant to be a mother in this life then my calling must defenitly be a teacher where I'm surrounded by children who love me, even though I'm not their mom. It's funny because sometimes they call me mom by mistake. Anyway, what I'm getting at is that we all have our trials, big or small, but we just need to trust in the Lord and we'll somehow get through it. I have a quote on my wall "If God brings you to it, He'll help you through it." And the other quote from a friend's blog:

"No matter how serious the trial, how deep the distress, how great the affliction, [God] will never desert us. He never has, and He never will. He cannot do it. It is against His character to do so. He is an unchangeable being.... He will stand by us. We may pass through the fiery furnace; we may pass through deep waters; but we shall not be consumed nor overwhelmed. We shall emerge from all these trials and difficulties the better and the purer for them, if we only trust in our God and keep His commandments."

--President George Q. Cannon

4 comments:

The Moodys said...

hey sis thanks for making me cry... I love you so much and my kids do as well. You will be a great mom, we just need to find the right baby!! I've been spreading the word out here and passing out your profile info as well. I agree that we all have our own trials some more pressing then others, but I'm here for you and always will. Thats what sisters are for right?!? I miss you a lot. I love you!!

Unknown said...

I'm so grateful for you...

Nikki said...

You are such a great person!

elliotts said...

Hang in there, sweetie. Trials only make us stronger and more humble (that is what I keep telling myself in the trials I have). Thank you for the quote, it is great. Love you and only wish you the very best.