Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Yummy and Healthy

I got this recipe from a gal from my Bunco group. It's DELICIOUS and healthy (minus the chips). It also makes a ton. Jake and I both took some to work to share.

Black Bean Salsa
Put these items in a food processor:

2 bunches cilantro

1 large purple onion

4-5 roma tomatoes

3 long green chilis (anahiem)

Then add these to the bowl and mix:

fresh minced garlic

2 cans black beans- drained

2 cans white corn- drained

Juice of 4 limes

Just before serving, put juice of 2 more limes in bowl with 3 avacadoes diced up and add them to the salsa. No salt and pepper.

Enjoy!!!! And don't forget to invite me over to eat with you!!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I made this for my dad on Friday. He just loved it.

jaketara said...

I am going to try this one! It sounds sooo good. I may have to practice it a few times before I invite you over! I am the worst homemaker around. And could you please stop making people like me feel even worse about ourselves! Come on! Canning, cooking, gardening..... :)