Thursday, June 11, 2009

Helsinki, Finland

We docked in Helsinki, Finland today. We went on our excursion and found that there just wasn't a whole lot to see here. We just weren't in awe like the other countries. We did think that it was very beautiful with it's green forests/parks. So different from Arizona!! I love green!


Our guide said that almost everyone owns a boat there.


We're in the city center.


Jake ran up the stairs and pretended to be Rocky with his arms up. Can you see him?


Here he is closer.


They write their street names twice, once in Finish and 2nd in Swedish.

We then went to a church built out of the rock. They call it the Rock Church.


The inside.


Organ pipes


In one of their parks, an artist created this. It's a bunch of pipes.


mom and me


the artist


I'm looking up and took this interesting picture. I like how it turned out.


A cute little park area, great for pictures.


more pretty flowers


This is where the Olympics were held


3 comments:

Janice said...

Wow!! Good for you being a world traveler. I bet you have had so much fun. Amazing places to go see too. I enjoyed looking at your pictures.

Nikki said...

What an adventure. That would have been neat to see those pipes. Ok, All of it. Jealous!

charlotte said...

OOooo..I like the picture with the pipes that is very artistic.