Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Last day in St. Petersburg, Russia

Our 2nd day in Russia. We went to Peterhof Palace. This is where the Romanoffs stayed (Catherine the Great). I really enjoyed this excursion. I just love palaces!!!


This is our tour guide, Anastasia. Isn't that the perfect Russian name?


Common Russian cars, the Lada


Another church



Peterhof Palace


More beautiful gardens, Peter was good at this



We look so cheesy with our headphones for the tour


The wonderful fountains.


We weren't aloud to take pictures inside, so I found these on the internet. This is exactly what we saw. Don't you just love the internet!!


This is a painting of yes, Catherine the Great dressed as a man on a horse and that one of the royal chairs. This palace had magnificent wood floors. Just look at the neat designs. They actually made us all wear booties covering our shoes while inside the palace.



This is one of a few Chinese Rooms


More neat woodwork flooring


One of the ballrooms


The guilded staircase that we walked up


Jake took a few videos of the fountains going off with the music. The fountains have the water come out by gravity only.


3 comments:

said...

Oh my gosh- I can't believe how absolutely BEAUTIFUL it is there! How fun, you have such wonderful pictures! The churches and gardens... looks like such a wonderous experience!

Nikki said...

Ok, That one is my new house. I am glad you were able to see it. Next time we will have to plan it to where I am home.

charlotte said...

Anastasia? What a perfect name for the place...