Monday, June 8, 2009

Tallin, Estonia

Yesterday we had a day at sea while we sailed to our next destination. Today we are in Tallin, Estonia and to be honest with you, I'd never heard of this country before our cruise. It's a small country close to Russia. Anyway, we went on an excursion called Uppertown and Kadriorg Palace and our guide was named Christiine with two i's. She was cute and fun to talk with too. We only took pictures with the guides we liked.


me, Christiine and Jake


This is their Parliament building


This was one of their churches that we got to visit. I have to say that in all the churches we were aloud to go in and view, it was a weird feeling. It's like there was no spirit and almost like I was intruding and shouldn't go walking through it. I couldn't imagine just anyone go walking through our temples at anytime. There were even people in this one doing worship. I couldn't believe it. It was very beautiful inside, they all are.


Mom and me with a scenic view


me walking down into the dungeon, just kidding, this is the way to the bathroom


one of the castles


Kadriorg Palace, a Palace built by Peter I for his wife Catherine


Peter created beautiful gardens, this one is in the back of the palace


We were aloud to take pictures inside this Palace. Yea!! Mom, me and Jake in front of one of the fireplaces.


This is one of the other stoves to heat the house. It had Delft pictures on it.


Some of the beautiful sculptures and wall work. This was above the fireplaces.


More beautiful ceilings


Gorgeous and fragrant purple flowers. I don't remember the names of them. There were white ones too.


me and Jake with the Ocean behind us.

1 comments:

Christine said...

Wow! I just browsed through your travel posts and I'm so completely jealous! What a dream to see so many wonderful places. I'm so excited for you! One of these days.....