Friday, June 12, 2009

Stockholm, Sweden

This is our last stop with our cruise and I'm sad that it's coming to an end. We arrived in Stockholm, Sweden and by far this is my favorite day so far!!! We did an excursion called Roof-Top Walk. There were only 9 people in our group which was so nice. We got to take a tour on top of one of their government buildings. We wore harnesses and were hooked to a cable so we couldn't fall to the ground, hopefully!?! We had two tour guides, one in the front and one in the back. They were so cute and friendly. I love Sweden!! I guess I'm a little partial to this country because some of my ancestry is from here, not Stockholm, but Malmo. Anyway, here's some fun pictures from our Roof-Top Walk.

Our two tour guides


The roof


The harnesses, we are in the attic


Mom getting suited up


Jake's turn


Now me


Ready to go



Outside getting ready


This is the cable that we're all hooked to. We had to pull it along like a leash.





Some great views


This water freezes over in the winter and they can walk across it, skate, whatever. Fun!


Jake spotted this funky motorcycle. It's a BMW with a covering.


Had to do it!! Again!!! This time, do you notice something different about the Royal Guard?? Not only are they looking at me, but it's a SHE!!!! Cool.


In the center of the palace area. We didn't stay for the changing of the guard. Bummer. I love that stuff.


Do you know what this is?? If you can read Swedish, you might be able to tell. Even if you don't know Swedish. RIKSTELEFON. Yup, it's a phone booth. Very creative I would say.



After our tour, we could choose to go back to the ship or wander around on our own. This was the first time that we chose to wander around. We shopped a little bit and then we had the BEST authentic, Swedish Meatballs. This is not IKEA either!! I thought that we ate the best meal in Berlin, WRONG!!!!!!! This is numero uno #1. It was just melt in your mouth meatballs, delicious mashed potatoes with a special gravy sauce and then some lingonberry jam on the side. I'm telling you, we were all in HEAVEN!!!! I will go back to Sweden just for this meal!!!!!!!!

Here's some videos of when we were on top of the roof.





When we were done eating, it started pouring rain. We walked all the way back to the ship in the freezing wind and rain. I was the only one who didn't bring a jacket while on this excursion and I paid for it. Later that night I even ran a fever. But thank goodness I felt better the next day.

1 comments:

charlotte said...

um...rooftop walk!?!?!?!? FREAKY!!!